I'm sitting amongst a crowd in a friend's Galt House hotel room, waiting for the arrival of some pizza I helped pay for, which we were just informed will take another hour to arrive. If it weren't for that, I'd probably already have (gasp!) gone to bed.
Tonight's kickoff session was powerful. Curt opened with lines on grace. "Grace is God's unmerited favor toward those who deserve wrath." Leslie sang a solo of the first verse of Amazing Grace, and then the 3000 of us joined in.
We also sang The Glories of Calvary, a new song I don't remember right now, Grace Unmeasured, and closed with an acapella I Love You, Lord. Devon Kauflin and the singles band led worship, with Leslie having replaced Grace. Bob Kauflin, playing keyboard and leading worship with his son Devon, exhorted us to come tot Na for the purpose of seeing Jesus Christ. "We all come to this conference to see different things," he said (I'm paraphrasing since I don't remember his exact words). We might be coming to see old friends, a cool setup, or even some wonderful guest speakers, but that's not why God wants us here. We've come, Bob said, to see Jesus Christ and what he had done, and no other goal compared to our aim to see the face of Jesus.
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment