Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Goals

We had caregroup last night. It was a good combined meeting, and we spent the time writing down goals for the year and praying.

Here's what I wrote down. I have two categories - abstract and concrete goals.

Focus on working hard at school, following schedules, and getting done what I need to do. (I'm good at making schedules. I need to grow in the discipline to follow them and work hard.)
No specific GPA goal this semester - work as hard as I can, and then set a GPA goal for the fall.
Make pursuit of God a higher priority than school. (I'm not afraid of letting school suffer because of this - when I'm wholeheartedly pursuing God, other things have a way of falling into place.)
Don't conform to Grove City College. This is a little weird, but basically I want to continue being the person I am, and doing the things God's given me a love for. I don't want to fit in with the trends at GCC, no matter how harmless or good they seem - I want to do what God is calling me to do.

Read through the Bible and every Christian book I own (starting with the ones I haven't finished or read yet. One exception is the second For the Love of God, which is for next year.)
Keep a clean room and a balanced budget
Keep a running prayer list and pray through it daily
Run 500 miles
(very doable if I run a consistent number of miles each week)
Journal at least weekly

Some other things that I intend to do:
- Learn to drive stick shift
- Visit the Sherers
- Wear my glasses every day
- Eat green salad five times a week
- Run a marathon (if possible)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These sound like great goals. I think if you are faithful with them, this will be one of your favorite years yet! And I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it at the day of Jesus Christ.

I got a question about one item. Later.