Much to my chagrin, I've been lax about journaling so far this year. Let's hope this is a kick-start.
I had an enjoyable Valentine's Day. Being blissfully unattached myself, I spent most of the day enhancing the romantic atmosphere for others. I walked around campus all day with a group of singers delivering Singing Telegrams.
Singing Telegrams are the brainchild of a girls' singing group called Signature. The idea is that a lovelorn Grover will pay the group $5 to surprise his/her sweetheart in the middle of class with a romantic song, along with candy, a card, or some other preappointed token of affection. We interrupted 19 classes, to the unvarying delight of professors and students and the embarrassment of our victims. Many of the singing telegrams were actually just from friends wanting to embarrass each other, and some were from anonymous admirers!
In the evening, I went to an open house for the on-campus housing group Alpha Epsilon Chi. These characters stand for "Adelphoi En Christo" and the group is commonly known as AEX. I'm attracted to that group because of the focus on Christian growth in community, and I'm very impressed with the guys in that group whom I've met. Dan Behrens, from Providence, is in the group, and so is Everett DeVries.
I actually have had breakfast with Everett a couple of times. We met for breakfast this morning. I really look up to this guy and want to be like him, and I hope to join this group.
School is pretty fierce. Everyone basically lives from week to week. I haven't drowned yet, although I need to do a lot of work on physics and music theory this weekend. I have tests in both subjects, and don't have the grasp on the concepts that I need to for the tests. I'd appreciate prayers. Ned, a physics superhero, is going to help me with physics, but I still need to find someone who could make this theory stuff clear to me.
I wish I could say that my difficulty with theory is that it's gotten much harder than at MC, but the truth is that the teacher just isn't as good.
Ned and I watched the movie "Transformers" this week, and enjoyed it.
Tomorrow night, I'm going down to Pittsburgh for a meeting of Providence Church At Night. Once a year, the middle school where Providence rents the auditorium can't let us have it on Sunday morning. So this weekend we're having a Saturday night service at a nearby facility.
I miss David, Laura, John, Susannah, Mark, Abbi, Ami-Faith, and Mom and Dad.
Well, that's all for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Arright! Here's to a real update! Glad to hear things are going well ... and three cheers for you and your Singing Telegram Whatnot Goodness. I'm excited to hear about AEX, and will definitely pray for the ministry when I think of it. (Which, given that I'm a bear of very little brain, might not be as often as you or I would wish...) Best wishes as you keep plowing through the schoolwork. I'm sure you'll hit your stride. +D
Post a Comment