Monday, June 2, 2008

Yes, I am back from Na...

... and yes, I DID take notes on the rest of the sessions. I haven't been able to post them yet, though, because they are on my laptop which my parents borrowed.

Taking it back:

- Making a quiet time plan: picking a book at a time to read through, slowly, with prayer and note-taking.
- Reading through the Bible: this can happen by fits and starts or at any pace, but I hope to finish next May.
- Getting myself a permanent Bible, at Jack's suggestion.
- Studying the sufficiency of Jesus Christ for salvation, sanctification, and satisfaction. (Whoa, alliteration!)
- Reading "Pierced for Our Transgressions," "A Gospel Primer," "God Is the Gospel," and "The Pleasures of God."
- Re-reading "Don't Waste Your Life," "When I Don't Desire God," "Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ," and "Counted Righteous in Christ."
- Praying more.
- Memorizing, but there is no specific plan for that yet.

Umm, so this is a big list. I'm supremely excited about all of it because I am very aware of God's grace, which is giving me the desire to do these things and will enable them. But there will be times when I am not so aware of grace, and these applications will quickly become a big, fat to-do list. For times like that, here is my more simplified list:

- Crying out to God.
- Acknowledging weakness.
- Persevering in quiet times.

No comments: