PBTC Homestar's classic line: "Thanks for calling me! The Cheat is wearing cool boots. Can I have my shoe back?" [Shoe hits Homestar] "Thanks, one million, talk to you later."
It started out sounding like an answering machine message. So, naturally, I translated it into Spanish: -Gracias por llamarme. The Cheat tiene puesto unas botas buenas. ¿Puedes devolvierme mi zapato? Gracias, un millón, hasta luego.-
Then I recorded an English message: "Hi, you've reached Kevin. I'm sorry I couldn't take your call. Leave me a message and I'll get back to you, thanks. Talk to you later."
For the uninitiated, the Spanish should hopefully sound like a translation of my English greeting. Little do they know. Also, for Spanish speakers who aren't familiar with Homestar or T3h C., it'll sound like nonsense. Which it is.
In closing: Give me a chance to do a hip-hop dance.
-K-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
no to homestar.
Post a Comment