::Disclaimer:: This post is very non-linear and difficult to follow. It's more of a stream of consciousness. More like semi-consciousness, since it's the end of a long day. Now we proceed. ::End::
Whenever there is a quiz or there are test corrections due in my math class, they're usually due Wednesday morning.
Also, Wednesdays I have the busiest schedule of any day in the week - math class in the early morning, then music theory, choir (without even a lunch break!), then I have a little break in which I'm usually working on my composition assignment, and then my composition lesson. After that I have to catch a bus and go to Church of the Nazarene for I Cantori and I Voci. After that I hurry home, grab some dinner and go to the Academy to teach a piano class.
Pret-ty stressful. Especially when I have a big assignment due for my composition lesson. Prep for my piano class hasn't gone so badly of late, since I can glance through the lesson plan and know what to do for class. Today I hardly looked at it at all, it looked fine, and then I wound up having to teach sharps for the first time. I fumbled a lot and the kids didn't understand it too well. But they had a great time and the parents were satisfied. I'll get help from Megan on how to teach sharps in an easy, understandable way.
I also had to teach a dotted quarter note. We already know the dotted half note (clap once while counting "dotted - half - note") but you have to count really quickly to do the same thing for a note with half the time value - "quarter, quarter, DOTTEDQUARTERNOTE eighth"
So I told them to count "quarter-and." That is three syllables and seems to work well: "quarter-and eighth, half-note", "quarter, quarter, quarter-and eighth"
So at least they came away with some new knowledge.
As for composition, I had to roughly finish the piece I was working on because we're coming to the end of the semester and it needs to be done. I actually just about finished it! My professor gave me a lot of stuff to add and fix, but I have my rough draft. God is good!
This post is really hard to follow. I think I'll write a disclaimer at the top. It's late.
My new cell phone is pretty cool.
[This sentiment not displayed due to moderative censorship]
That's all for now
-K-
Wednesday, December 6, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment