We've been doing these problems in math class where we have to minimize or maximize a cost/profit function. First we have to find the inequalities involved, then we have to graph them, then we have to notate the feasible region and find out which corner point would maximize (or minimize) the equation. It's about a three-step problem.
The first part - finding the inequalities - is always the hard part, and on our recent test the teacher turned the cost/profit function into three problems, where finding the inequalities was the first problem and we had to have a correct answer for that to get the others. So, if you can't answer problem 1, you have to leave 2 and 3 blank. Devious, huh?
None of us did very well on that test.
The teacher actually graded one of the problems wrong. Most of us had a correct answer for a probability question, and he marked it wrong because he had the wrong answer. He didn't use a textbook answer, but worked it out himself. (I saw his work, and it was such a ridiculous mistake that he must have been very tired when he did it.) So he found out that his answer was wrong, and given that and the general poor performance of the class he issued a make-up test. He'd give us the best grade from either test. Same material.
The make-up test was so much easier. He didn't make the cost-profit graphing problems dependent on the inequalities (he made it three separate problems), and we all remembered how to do it anyway since we'd just gone over the other test. I got done in twenty minutes.
I'm at MC and I'm carrying a load of stuff around with me, including my tux for tonight. I need to put all this stuff somewhere.
-K-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment