Thursday, December 21, 2006

More tales of God's mercy...

I overslept this morning and missed my Ear Training & Sight Singing final exam.

Or, rather, I woke up ten minutes after it had started, with no car or transportation to get me there. So I afterburner'd my way on up to the Bus Stop, on my bike. I missed the bus, so after a half hour I finally boarded the next one. I made it to MC just as the last person was finishing their sight singing exam.

The text was two parts - a written section and an individual performance section. I caught the teacher, Maher, just as he was about to leave. So he had me do my sight singing exam, and I did fine. Then he said that even though I'd missed the written portion of the test, he would give me an A in the course.

First of all, God is good.

Secondly, Prof Maher knows that I understand all of the course material perfectly. I've only gotten one answer wrong all semester. (It was a careless error.) So he gave me a break.

Also, I'll be taking jazz piano lessons from him next semester!

No comments: