Friday, December 29, 2006

Workin' undercover for the Man

Well, I landed a week-long temp assignment at WB, and it looks like I won't have much to do. Everyone is out of town, and I have to answer the phone for the manager and "hold things down" until the rest of the office is back.

Yep.

Another thing I discovered is that due to our, uh, communist internet settings, I can't update Blogger at home. Oh, well. I ordered Weird Al's album "Straight Outta Lynwood" (which includes the Top 10 hit "White & Nerdy"), and the DVD "The Great Raid," upon which trusted sources heap acclamations such as "the greatest war movie of all time." So that should give some winter break enjoyment.

I'll be making enough at this assignment to have all the money I need for my driver insurance, thus enabling me to go take the test and get my license. What style! $17.31 isn't a bad hourly rate for sitting around and doing nothing. I can't wait to drive around blasting "White & Nerdy."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not that you listen to my movie suggestions, but Great Raid is one of the greatest war movies of all time. The climactic raid sequence is one of the best battle scenes I've seen in a very long time (possibly ever). Enjoy!

BTW, when do I get my Bourne movies back?