Monday, December 4, 2006

Never mind about that

Yes, it's what I felt like at the time. God has a way of bringing you a healthy dose of reality.

Tonight we had a choir and orchestra rehearsal in the Performing Arts Center at MC. The choir performance was a little iffy. So was the orchestra - although the brass players, most of them not students but mercenaries, were good. The percussion was fun too. I love timpanis!

Fortunately, the choir has a few more rehearsals before the concert.

Today I rolled over a small but quietly significant milestone: I completed 60 hours of accompanied driving, thereby qualifying myself to get my drivers' license. In a week or two the required six-month minimum time will be over, and soon afterwards another licensed driver will be unleashed upon Maryland's roads. Let's hope my average driving effect tends towards safer traffic.

I have a new cell phone! More on that later.