I'm investigating digital SLR cameras in the interest of a possible purchase. My options currently include Canon's EOS 20D and Digital Rebel XT, and Nikon's D70. Each of those is a product for which a newer model has already been released (Canon EOS 30D, Digital Rebel XTi, and Nikon D80), but with only minimal changes. Therefore the previous model is just about as good at a considerably lower price. I'm thinking along the lines of buying a camera right before New Attitude.
I'm really not a blogger, although I try. I'm about to kick off some music reviews on my Xanga, though, since I bought a stack of good CDs and have started listening to them. But every time I create a blog it's because a blogging urge has hit me - that drive for creativity, originality (hence the reason why I usually create a new blog). This urge typically lasts a few days. If only I had some way to keep the creative juices flowing longer, and to harness them somehow. I suppose the best way to do that is to use them.
I wrote a song tune the other night. It's been a while. I also want to get a camera and do some photography. Maybe I'll make a Flickr the next time the creative urge hits me.
I'm really not a blogger, although I try. I'm about to kick off some music reviews on my Xanga, though, since I bought a stack of good CDs and have started listening to them. But every time I create a blog it's because a blogging urge has hit me - that drive for creativity, originality (hence the reason why I usually create a new blog). This urge typically lasts a few days. If only I had some way to keep the creative juices flowing longer, and to harness them somehow. I suppose the best way to do that is to use them.
I wrote a song tune the other night. It's been a while. I also want to get a camera and do some photography. Maybe I'll make a Flickr the next time the creative urge hits me.
::Edit:: I think that if I want to justify my purchase of an SLR by regularly using it, I'll want to get used to doing that now. I think I'll start borrowing my dad's point-and-shoot Olympus - the one that looks kinda like an SLR and works about half as well (which isn't too bad). I'll take it around a couple times a week and start snapping pictures. Then, when I get an SLR, I'll already be in the habit of photography and I'll know what kind of pictures I like to take. Plus, it'll be a lot more satisfying to upgrade to SLR if I have extensive experience with a point-and-shoot.

My new friend for a while. Incidentally, this camera is the reason I wanted an SLR in the first place. ::Endit::
No comments:
Post a Comment