Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Kick-starting this thing

I really want to be blogging this time in my life before it goes by any faster, but I can never start out with a long update.

So, here's my life right now:

- Finals week is primed and in the chamber. I have a voice jury (the BIG thing), a psych final, an ear training final, a studio final (and project due), and.... that's it.

As to why I only have four finals with nine classes: Theory is already over, jazz piano is a non-major so there's no final, jury covers both performance lab and Applied Voice, and the Chorus and Chambers "finals" are... the concerts.

Oh, yeah. That's the other thing. 2PM, Sunday, in the Performing Arts Center. The College Chorus is performing Haydn's Creation Oratorio. (Choir has to show up at 12:20, however; there's still work to be done.)

So, besides that, here's what I have to do to prepare for my finals.

- Keep my voice in shape for Monday's jury. (And make sure I have the songs memorized.)
- Spend a solid hour (or more) a day ticking through the Psych study guide for the final (which is Monday evening).
- Finish (well, start) my project for Studio Recording.
- Finish studying for the studio final. I'm mostly done with that.
- Umm, show up for the ear training final.

Seriously - it's like my one gift - I ace ear training. I can hear exactly what the professor is playing on the piano, and remember it long enough to write it down. I don't blow this trumpet very much; nobody else in my class is very good at it. I really hope it gets harder from here, but so far it hasn't. I'm a little frustrated that the dictation exercises aren't even any more challenging than they were at the beginning of the semester.

I've rambled long enough. I need to get up at 4:30 in the morning to drop my dad off at work in Chantilly. Like in Virginia. It's a bit of a drive.

No comments: