Sunday, August 19, 2007

R.I.P. the Beard

Before....



This is the "frontwoods backtiersman" look





Hat comes off



Glamour queen I ain't. Here's one more particularly unflattering "enlarged to show texture" shot (you can see I was taking it in the mirror with my cell phone):



Given the fact that I was looking in the mirror, I really have no way to explain what I thought I was doing with that expression on my face. Except perhaps seeing myself in a mirror.

After



beardless!



and suddenly I'm back to looking like I'm about 12!



I didn't realize what distinguished features I'd been covering up. I hardly recognized myself.



This is the "heartthrob" look ?

Anyway - the beard is gone. Some wise words from Mr. Somerville served to sway me somewhat, combined with the fact that my beard seems to be a stumbling-block to most adults (ha!) and the fact that I'm about to go back to school.

Now it's back to the me of "Are you sure you're old enough to be driving?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevin!

Peter S said...

excellent hat

i like the "why hello there, ladies" shot