OK, so I took this survey in August 2006, shortly after graduating high school, and I'm interested to see how I measure up to my former self. Former self, this is what you're becoming, okay?
I'm too lazy to do a side-by-side version, so here's my just-filled-out survey, and after that is the same survey filled out a couple of years ago.
About Me
Name: Kevin Schellhase
Gender: Male
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: Blonde
Best physical feature: I don't know - don't hold much stock in any of them.
Biggest fear: Failure
Biggest regret: Not working harder in high school; not reading more.
Best Memories: Good times in high school; anything with the Sherers.
Favorite Band(s): Most of my favorites are solo artists - the Altrogges, Michael Buble, Jim Croce, and others.
Favorite Movie(s): Cars, Nacho Libre, Monsters Inc
Favorite Book(s): Currently "Orthodoxy" by Chesterton.
Religion: Christian
Where do you see yourself in 10 years from now? Hopefully married with kids! Leading a caregroup. Working a music-related job.
Do you plan to go to college- where? I currently attend Grove City College (PA) and plan to seek a master's degree at Catholic University after this.
Do you plan on getting married? Yes, if it's the Lord's will.
Kids? How many? Sky's the limit...
What do you want to be remembered for? Leading my family
What do you want to be when you grow up? A composer, director, father and husband.
Virgin? Yep - savin' it!
fav pop? Michael Jackson. (Yes, I know you meant soda. You should have said soda.)
fav sport? I don't do a lot of sports these days, but I'm always up for some soccer or volleyball.
fav color? No color to the exclusion of others - I love blended colors that create just the right shades.
fav hobby? Umm, these days, it's working. That's not a favorite though. I prefer reading, playing piano and spending time with family and friends.
Something you wish you could do? Study.
Who do you go to for advice? That should be "whom," and I'd say my brothers and sisters, roommate, and parents.
heroes? Bob Kauflin, Ned Somerville, Allan Sherer, Everett DeVries
unusual talents? Umm, I can play piano by ear and I have perfect pitch - also I never needed to learn to spell.
Have you ever been in love? Perhaps. I'm not now, and when you aren't it's hard to tell if you ever have been.
Name good characteristics of yourself: Sheesh, I dunno. Friendly. Kind, or at least I'm trying.
Things in personality you need to work on: Valuing others more. Not being centered on myself. Not saying embarrassing things.
political stance? I like people. Everything else is not very important to me (although I'm 100% pro-life).
How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? It depends on how much time I have.
What time do you go to bed? It constantly varies - mostly depending on when I need to get up.
Prefer phone, email or talking to someone face to face? Face to face every time.
If you had a million dollars what would you do with it? I'd pay down my college debt, pay down a good house, and then use the remaining dollar and forty-six cents for an ice cream cone to celebrate.
Are you in a current relationship (how many have you been in)? No, and I've been in one.
Have you ever broken any bones? Actually, I haven't!
What's your most serious injury? I've never had a very serious injury.
Are you a morning or night person? Morning, I think.
Name one thing that makes time fly by for you? Being with people I love.
Fan of art? Sure! Fan, but not fanatic.
Are you a thinker or feeler? Thinking and feeling are the yin and yang of my existence. I'm both.
Are you an introvert or extrovert? "I'm an introverted extrovert, I'm the baby of my family..."
How do you learn best? By listening, discussing, and explaining.
How do you process your feelings best? By talking to a close friend about them.
Are you close to your family? Yes!
If you could go one place in the world where would it be? Here first (I'm home on break). Then Greenville, SC.
Do you believe in aliens? I don't really care. I suspect they don't exist, but if they do, so what?
Do you believe in life after death? Yes
Do you drink? nope!
Do you smoke? never
Do you do drugs? I do not
Have you ever commited a felony? newp.
What do you look for in the opposite sex? Common purpose, kindness, love for God, and humility.
Describe self in two words? HELD BACK. REPEATING THE THIRD GRADE. LOW STANDARDIZED TEST SCORES. OKAY, I GUESS THIS WAS MORE THAN TWO WORDS. THE PAPER, PLEASE TAKE US HOME. Cheeawrrg.
What do you like best about your school? The Christian atmosphere (mostly). The gym. The pianos. The friendly classmates. The excellent professors.
What do you like best about your parents? They stick with me.
choc or vanilla? Vanilla, I think.
fav animal? Cats!
fav song? Whatever song I am presently listening to is always my favorite song.
Are you a flirt? Umm, not so much anymore! That has changed!
Are you a follower or leader? "I've been involved with several cults, sometimes as a follower and sometimes as a leader... It's more fun as a follower, but you make more money as a leader..."
Have you ever been depressed? Yes, in my senior year of high school.
Are you right now? Nope. Stressed, but cheerful.
Left or right handed? Right
Glass half full or half empty? Dude, the glass is full and running over.
What is your clothing style? Strictly pragmatic.
What's your favorite outfit? Dark blue jeans and my old long-sleeved red shirt.
What's a fetish of yours? Mmmkay, deleted.
Whats a secret of yours? I just saved five hundred dollars on my car insurance by switching to Psycho!
Describe a dream you had? I don't remember my dreams much anymore.
Describe a dream/ambition you have? Loving God with all my might. Serving Him in a foreign country. Being out of debt.
What is your favorite season? Summer!
Are you getting sick of this yet? Not really. Looking forward to seeing how my old answers compare.
What is your opinion on PDA? Ooh, bad bad! ::shakes finger:: (MC version: "Get a room!")
Do you believe in love at first sight? I think it's certainly possible.
Gold or Silver? Umm, are you asking which precious metal I'd like better? Gold, please. In fact, just Give Me Your Extra Resources.
Are you living life to the fullest? That's a tricky question. I want to say that I won't be able to "live life to the fullest" until I'm out of college, working and married, but then again there'll always be something that seems to stand in the way. Life isn't the destination, it's the journey (as I learned from Cars!) - so I'd say yes - I am doing my best.
What is your purpose in life? Glorifying God and enjoying Him forever.
Do you believe in destiny/fate? I believe in the sovereignty of God.
Do you believe in miracles? Absolutely.
Do you believe in angels? Sure!
Are we almost done? "Search your feelings. You know it to be true!"
August 28, 2006
Name: Kevin
Gender: Male
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: blond/brown
Best physical feature: eyes... can't think of anything else
Biggest fear: rejection maybe?
Biggest regret: last year
Best Memories: last year... haha. Los Cuates, the play, writing music, good friends, co-op
Favorite Band(s): Earthsuit
Favorite Movie(s): Monsters Inc, and many others
Favorite Book(s): Les Misérables, stuff by Dickens
Religion: Christian
Where do you see yourself in 10 years from now? arranging, directing and producing music, teaching in public school, married with kids
Do you plan to go to college- where? MC, and then someplace else nearby
Do you plan on getting married? yes
Kids? How many? hopefully lots... but God's in control
What do you want to be remembered for? discipling others
What do you want to be when you grow up? a teacher
Virgin? yes
fav pop? It's SODA! oh, I like many kinds
fav sport? soccer and volleyball
fav color? green
fav hobby? writing and playing music
Something you wish you could do? play piano better
Who do you go to for advice? the bible, parents, friends
heroes? mr. kauflin, my caregroup leader Mikes, my brother Peter
unusual talents? I can fake being really good at piano haha (and believe me I am faking)
Have you ever been in love? no
Name good characteristics of yourself. leadership, understanding, visionary
Things in personality you need to work on: trust in God, laziness, care for others
political stance? conservative
How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? Ten minutes to half an hour
What time do you go to bed? About 12
Prefer phone, email or talking to someone face to face? face to face
If you had a million dollars what would you do with it? invest it!
Are you in a current relationship (how many have you been in)? not in a relationship. i've sorta been in one before but not really.
Have you ever broken any bones? no
What's your most serious injury? hurt my back a couple weeks ago
Are you a morning or night person? night
Name one thing that makes time fly by for you? writing music!
Fan of art? Not like "drawing" art
Are you a thinker or feeler? both
Are you an introvert or extrovert? A little more introverted these days but extrovert typically
How do you learn best? hearing and doing
How do you process your feelings best? writing about them, or writing music, or talking to a friend
Are you close to your family? yup
If you could go one place in the world where would it be? I pretty much like where I am... although I'd go to Hawaii
Do you believe in aliens? no
Do you believe in life after death? yes
Do you drink? nah
Do you smoke? no, gross!
Do you do drugs? No
Have you ever commited a felony? no
What do you look for in the opposite sex? not sure...
Describe self in two words? piano man
What do you like best about your school? Don't know... haven't gone there yet
What do you like best about your parents? they teach us wisdom
choc or vanilla? oh, both!
fav animal? cats
fav song? oh but it changes all the time
Are you a flirt? sometimes
Are you a follower or leader? a little of both
Have you ever been depressed? yes
Are you right now? no
Left or right handed? right
Glass half full or half empty? The engineer says the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!
What is your clothing style? I'm not afraid to wear a business suit, but mostly I like a t-shirt and shorts and riding my bike
What's your favorite outfit? I don't have a favorite
What's a fetish of yours? a what?
Whats a secret of yours? hmm... it's a secret although a lot of people know :)
Describe a dream you had? can't recall any
Describe a dream/ambition you have? to lead a caregroup
What is your favorite season? as far as the weather, fall!
Are you getting sick of this yet? Nah I'm bored. Actually I'm going to have lunch!
What is your opinion on PDA? I don't have one
Do you believe in love at first sight? no
Gold or Silver? neither
Are you living life to the fullest? not yet
What is your purpose in life? Becoming like Christ, glorifying God and enjoying Him forever
Do you believe in destiny/fate? I believe in the sovereignty of God
Do you believe in miracles? yes
Do you believe in angels? mhm
Are we almost done? Yes. I say so. we will be done NOW!
This is the part where I write a long, soul-searching commentary on the changes in my life that are apparent by the differences in two Internet quizzes. Most of my ambitions remain the same; some preferences and opinions have changed, but the main thing I see is that I have more direction now than I did then. Also, one major change is expressed in the "living life to the fullest" question. It's my goal to do this - going all-out for God, loving others, throwing myself into where I am right now - no matter where that is. I'm at Grove City because that is where God has called me to be. I want to glorify Him through every minute of it.
And I sure am grateful for spring break and the Sherers.
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Turnpike? :) me like.
Don't know what to say except you are good with the computer.
Love, Grandpa
Post a Comment